A strong relationship after a newborn isn’t always easy, there is so much to learn from each other and with each other. During those days, it is easy to forget about the needs of our partner and how important a strong relationship is to your ability to live well and parent well.
This is a special episode more focused on parent relationships and good communication between partners. Zoe Ayre joins the show to share her own experience with this and discuss the importance of intentionally working on your relationships and not letting kids be an excuse for neglecting each other.
You will get some tips on how to start moving forward in small ways as well as the key tools you can use like learning about each other’s love languages. She also explains why intentionally interacting as parents with children around is so important, as they are learning from us as parents on how we communicate.
You will also hear about a letter Zoe shared on Instagram that was written to her husband. In this episode, she explains why she decided it was important to write and share in public. Zoe also gives us a quick peek into her world and how she has embraced gentle parenting!
Don’t miss the end of the show where we always share a simple action item or two that you can use to start making use of what you hear on the show!
Listen To The Full Episode Here:
- Follow Zoe on Instagram
- I Will Always Help You Sleep by Zoe Ayre (Coming Soon!)
- Janet Lansbury
- The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read by Philippa Perry
- Follow Miranda on Instagram and YouTube
- Did you catch the recent episode about Helping Children Understand Disabilities Listen here!
- Subscribe to the MSquared Books Podcast
- “I love learning, I really enjoy going out there, finding more and more information and that’s the JOY of parenting in some way, isn’t it? That there is more and more you can always learn, you don’t get to a point that you kinda know everything.” – Zoe Ayre
- “Love takes work and is not easy” – Zoe Ayre
- Do a Love Language quiz and it will tell you what your love language is.
- Have a minimum of 6 seconds of affection every day to kiss or cuddle for reconnecting with each other.